Can’t believe it’s been a year and a half since I last published something in this series. I wrote this chapter 8 months ago, but I’m just now publishing it – not sure why I kept it stashed for so long. I’ve also decided on a fun twist for this series. If you’ve read the ‘Storm’ series, you’re in for a treat.
→ I’d Still Like To
→ Definitely Something Magical
– You asked me what we’re doing…
– I did.
– And I said I don’t really have any expectations or hopes, I’m just… going along with it.
– You did.
– You know some of my past, and you know the pains I’ve been through over the years.
– I do…
– You know I haven’t really been alone these past couple of years, but I haven’t really been part of something either. I never really felt I wanted to, despite meeting a lot of wonderful people that I genuinely liked. I’d started believing that something might be wrong with me, that I’ll never feel that desire again. And now… now I find myself scared.
– Of what?
– Of you.
– I held your hand that time at the mall and… I… I liked it. It felt… right. It scared me, though, so I let go.
– I remember.
– I feel something… somewhat familiar, yet new, different. I don’t know how to describe it. I didn’t really expect to reach this point, because this hasn’t happened in a long time, and I don’t even know if it’s ever happened like this before, but I’ve started to have feelings for you and to want more than to just “see each other.” As in, to be together.
He pauses again.
– I haven’t gone through this in a long time, but I like you, you’re a beautiful, smart girl and I feel like I can be honest with you, and I can be myself, even if it sometimes seems difficult, and I might not be able to do it completely yet. I want to try this with you if you do too.
– What do you mean you don’t know if it’s ever happened like this before?
– To get taken by surprise. And this quickly, for me, at least.
– I like you a lot too. You make me happy…
– I want to make you happy, and I feel like you could make me happy too.
– I want to try this with you too, but let’s just take it slow.
– So we’re not getting married?
Emily laughs and Syl leans in to kiss her. Thunder sounds faintly in the distance.
Pingback:October 9, 2022 at 3:12 AM